- Make sure the Accordion Shortcodes plugin is enabled. If it is, you should see two icons appear in the visual editor. Otherwise, email firstname.lastname@example.org to get assistance enabling the plugin.
- Select the “Add a new accordion group” button
- The button will open a dialog to prepare the overall accordion structure and the markup of the buttons. The key settings to select are “click to close” and “wrap in button.” Choose the heading level that makes sense for your content. “Auto close” is selected by default, but that can be deselected.
When you select “Ok,” you should see the shortcode appear.
- Next, set up each individual button by placing your cursor within the accordion tags and selecting “Add an accordion item.”
- The only setting for accordion items needed are the title, which serves as the button text.
When you select OK, you should see the shortcode appear. Place your accordion collapsible/hidden content within the accordion-item tags.
- Continue adding accordion items until you finish creating your accordion.
- Save or preview your changes when finished.