Traction Journal #1 – “New Group Goofin”

Oh boyyyyyy here we go! its been 365 days of me being in this program! and I am ready for more!

this quarter has already gotten off to a good start! I feel like most my classes aren’t too taxing this quarter so I should be able to use that extra time to push forward with my venture and also help get people interested in doing study abroad!

on the topic of my venture I had an extremely successful launch last Saturday and I cannot wait to keep growing and learning!

1. Why did you join Entrepreneurship or why are you in the Entrepreneurship minor?

Many moons ago when I was just a wee highschooler my sister offered to have me sit in on one of her college classes. that class was E&I ! and so after a few more years of high school and 2 quarters at western I applied for the program and got in during my last quarter of freshman year! im in this minor for a few reasons, one of them is that it truly provides me a lot more structure than any other class ive taken, additionally ive made friendships I know will last a life time , heck im moving in with Karl next year so you really can make friends in this class. and finally I feel like this is the first time a class has allowed me to do what I wanted to do! this class lets you do anything you want along as you can’t pitch it!

1. How did the first day of class go for you? What stuck out to you? What areas do you need more clarity?

first day of class was 8/10 I loved getting back into the swing of things and that were all in person, but I was a little lost once we split off from everyone, we got some handouts that were formatted pretty weirdly and it was just hard to understand what was going on but it set the mood for the quarter got me all hyped up!

1. How are you preparing for success this quarter?

im really stoked to be leading VP1 again, and additionally have the support of lower e levels, I think last VP1 was like a practice round for this.

1. After to reading the syllabus, what do you expect for your E-levelĀ  journey this quarter? (eg- first quarter, second quarter, etc.

not sure I couldn’t find any VP2 for e4? so im confused but I already did a soft launch and im ready to work on some improvements!

2 thoughts on “Traction Journal #1 – “New Group Goofin”

1. pottsk says:

Aidan Adams!! Stoked we are in the same quad this quarter! I think this is a good group! I am so excited for your venture to grow & hopefully Portugal this summer! Also I did not know you and Karl were going to be roommates next year! That is so rad!! Dinner @ y’alls house? Cheers to a great quarter ahead!

2. eyrej2 says:

Hello Aidan! That is awesome that you had your first taste of entrepreneurship from sitting in an E&I class. It is great hearing how awesome your experiences here at E&I have been considering I am an E1 and am still a bit shaky about it. It is also nice to hear that even you who has been doing this for a year now was still a bit confused about all of the handout from the first day. Because I felt the same way. Anyway, I am glad to be in my first traction group with you!

-Joey