Building on the initial Covid-19 Tactics posts, this time this is geared more towards students looking for creative tools for AV and collaboration.
- HitFilm (FXHome) – Mac/PC
- “Basics” YouTube playlist by FXHome
- Blackmagic Davinci Resolve – Mac/PC/Linux
- iMovie – Mac
Saving Money on Apple FCP and Adobe CC (see presentation)
Screen Capturing Software
- Screencast-o-matic (student accounts can record for 20min) or for about $2 a month get a ton more features
- QuickTime Player (as a camera recorder- Mac)
- I use this with the internal camera on the Macbook, and use it to record my ‘floating head’ self. This can also be done in Monosnap (below) for PC users.
- Its free(mium), Mac, PC, Chrome installable, and my go-to screen recording tool. It can also do picture-in-picture all within the app (won’t green screen), and allows you to do annotations on static screen shots you might need for PDF documents in your class.