Meet the Author

Hello, my name is Kenta, I am currently an undergrad student at Western Washington University. I first began learning literacy when I was in kindergarten, I loved to read books and I loved to write whatever I felt like writing because in kindergarten it doesn’t really matter what you write as long as you write something. As a writer today at age 19, my skills are a lot better than they were before but I still feel as I am missing something. I believe it is the creativeness I once had like in kindergarten, to be able to write creatively again I am here today at this university. As a student, I like to work hard but also have fun at the same time. I like taking courses that can challenge me but doesn’t push me too much, but if I become interested in something that’s all I can think about. For example, this project is very interesting to me because I get to make a web text of something I am very passionate about. I chose this topic of baseball because I’ve played baseball for more than half of my life and I feel like I can relate to some of the genres I have in this web text. My favorite genre was the poem about Jackie Robinson, I feel like it shared a lot of emotion that the fans, Jackie, and the world felt during the time Jackie Robinsons played. The challenges I faced during this project was just finding different types of genres that are fitting to each individual page, most podcasts that I found did not go well with the page I wanted to put it in. Overall this project was very fun to do because I love baseball, and I hope you do as well. Thank you for taking the time to look at what I have to share.