Talent management refers to the overall process of developing, managing and retaining employees, including recruiting, learning and training, compensation, employee performance management, and succession planning.
The Talent Management project is an approved project within Business Practice Improvement Initiatives (BPII) formerly Banner Initiatives.
Replace our current recruiting, training and performance evaluation application software by providing a best-in-class applications/suite for hiring to training requirements and performance assessments. The benefits will be:
- Seamlessly consolidate the employee life cycle from recruiting to learning to performance
- Give the end-user a comfortable feel and touch, leading to a satisfied end-user experience
- Provide meaningful reports to be used for tactical and strategic decisions:
The current applications are collective of unrelated home grown and commercial applications; none of which communicate effectively, if at all, with the university’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, Banner. These systems require a considerable amount of administrator and IT programmer time to keep them running while returning less than desired or needed service or products such as effective reports, quality employee acquisition, compliance and certification tracking, talent development, performance appraisals, skills and competency management.
The Talent Management project is divided into three major phases:
Phase 1 (Discovery and Research) is complete and we have partnered with PageUp as our Talent Management cloud based provider.
We are currently in Implementation phase.
There are 2 phases within the implementation phase.
- Implementation Phase 1 is the implementation of the Recruiting and On-boarding modules.
- Implementation Phase 2 is the implementation of the Performance Management, Learning Management and 360 Review modules.
We are currently in the Implementation Phase 1. Each implementation phase involves the following activities:
- Project planning
- Configuration and validation
- Stabilization and support
Ensure the system is stable and setup to move from project status to PageUp support for the Implementation Phase 1 (Recruiting and On-Boarding)