Each year Western Washington University supports the growth and development of community youth by providing the summer sports camps.
The purpose of the summer camps offered through Campus Recreation Services is to provide the opportunity for local youth to get instruction in sports that are not offered through the varsity athletic department. The goal is to make these camps cost efficient and to provide a positive experience for participants not only within the expert instruction they will receive but also by enjoying the atmosphere of the university and other recreational opportunities provided in the Student Recreation Center.
Tennis Skills Camps
For the past three years there have been two different camps offered for different age levels. There is a senior camp for those participants entering high school the following year, and also a junior camp for those participants entering 6th, 7th or 8th grade the following year.
2019 Tennis Skills Camp Details
For ages 11 – 18
2019 Camp Dates:
- Junior Camp (Ages 11-13):
◦ July 22-25 9:00am-12:00pm
- Senior Camp (Ages 14-18):
◦ July 29-31 9:00am-2:00pm
Junior camp rate:
- Regular (After June 1 2019) – $120
- Early Bird (before June 1 2019) – $105
- TEAM (Must have 5 individuals signing up from the same school) – $105
- TEAM Early Bird (Must have 5 individuals signing up from the same school) – $90
Senior camp rate:
- Regular (After June 1 2019) – $140
- Early Bird (before June 1 2019) – $125
- TEAM (Must have 5 individuals signing up from the same school) – $125
- TEAM Early Bird (Must have 5 individuals signing up from the same school) – $105
The Junior Camp runs from 9am to Noon and the Senior Camp runs from 9am to 1pm. Campers must be dropped off and picked up at the beginning and end of each day. Lunch is not provided.
“This has been one of the best sports camps I have ever attended!”
“I had a lot of fun, got a lot better, and my skills improved dramatically!”
Click here for online registration and payment: https://commerce.cashnet.com/WWU_SummerCamps
If you have any questions about the camp, please email Caitlin.Sommers@wwu.edu or call (360) 650-4191.
General Information for Parents and Campers
Set on one of the finest university campuses in Washington state, the WWU Tennis Skills Camp is designed to develop individuals skills regardless of ability.
Strengthen your entire game with these areas of emphasis:
- Ground Stroke
- Baseline Play
- Serve & Volley
- Court Positioning
- Doubles Strategy
- Mental Aspects of a Match
WWU Athletic Sport Camps
If you are looking for information regarding “WWU Athletics Camps” these include:
- Men’s Basketball
- Women’s Basketball
- Men’s Soccer
- Women’s Soccer
- Youth Soccer
- Track & Field