- The pool opens 30 minutes after the building opens. At least two lanes will be open for lap swim at all times.
- Please see our Facility Schedule Page for more information.
The following attire is not allowed:
- “Street clothes,” Brazil/French-cut, thong style and/or revealing swimwear, cut-off jeans, jeans, skirts, shorts, sports bras, leotards, leggings, dri-fit wear, compression shorts, and compression shirts are prohibited
- Underwear and undergarments are not allowed to be worn under swimsuits.
Here are just a few reasons as to why it is important to only wear pool attire in the pool:
- Street clothes (especially cotton) can transport airborne and ultimately water borne contaminants into the pool.
- Lycra and Nylon are the best non-absorbent material for swimming and are the best fabrics for proper swim attire.
- Other absorbent materials (such as cotton) can break down in the water and cause fibers to clog filters.
- Any colored material (unless specifically made for swimming) can bleed into the pool, affecting water chemistry and balance. This is also a reason for turbidity in pools.
- Cotton and similar materials can absorb the chemicals in the water, causing the water to become less effective at maintaining the proper chemical balance or may cloud the water.
- No running
- Shower before entering pool/spa
- No extended breath-holding underwater (more than 15 seconds or longer than 15 yards)
- No food/drink in the pool area (closed containers are fine)
- No glass in the pool area
- No video or photography in the rec center
- One person per inner tube
- Patrons must be in the water before getting on the tube
- No stacking tubes
- Don’t hang on the lane line
- No toys/lifejackets in the spa
- Keep heads above water in the spa
- No sleeping in the spa
- No PDA in the pool/spa
- Children under 6 are not permitted in the spa (WAC)
- Children under 14 must pass a swim test to swim outside of the activity area without a lifejacket (swim from shallow end to deep end without stopping or touching the bottom or wall and LG must feel confident in their abilities)
- Parents need to stay with kids in the water who cannot swim on their own (without a lifejacket) in the activity area
- Diving is only permitted from the side closest to the locker rooms
- Swim lesson kids must wait until the start of their lesson to enter the pool and they are not permitted to swim after lessons unless they have purchased a day pass (members only)
- Swim lesson kids are not permitted in the spa unless they have paid for a day pass during family hours (Fridays after 6 pm and Saturdays/Sundays or breaks/holidays)
- Proper swim attire is required to enter pool/spa
- Lap lanes remaining during rentals or reservations taking up 3 lanes or more are reserved for lap swimming only (No water joggers etc.)
- No hanging on the basketball hoop
- No outside swim lessons by people not employed by the SRC
We have a wide variety of equipment available for use to make your time in the pool more enjoyable:
|Aqua gloves||Diving toys||Noodles|
|Aqua jogger belts||Flippers||Pull buoys|
|Basketballs / volleyballs||Inner tubes||Stretching mats|
|Diving bricks||Kickboards||Water barbells|
|Lifejackets (adult and child sizes)|
A complimentary towel service is available for patrons while using the Student Recreation Center. In addition, goggles and swim caps are available for purchase at our equipment desk.