WWU Campus Recreation Services is pleased to offer group and private swim lessons!
Each group swim session consists of six or eight lessons; each lesson lasts 25 minutes. All classes follow the American Red Cross guidelines (Learn-to-Swim 2017) and our instructor to child ratio is 1 instructor per 5 children.
When purchasing private swim lessons, you are purchasing a service (one-on-one instruction). This does not guarantee a private lane during instruction. This service does not include the use of the pool, hot tub, or facility, before or after the lesson.
Space is limited and spots are not reserved until payment is received. Day-of registration is not available.
Important: The child must be 3 years of age to enroll in Level 1 for group swim lessons. If you have a child under 3 they may enroll in our Parent/Child group lessons or they may take private swim lessons. Click here for more information about private swim lessons at the Wade King Student Recreation Center.
We now have an online registration and payment system! Please see below for instructions on how to register.
Before signing up for swim lessons, please read the following:
- Youth Swim Lesson Level Placement Flow Chart (Follow this chart to determine the most appropriate level for your child)
- Swim Lesson Level Descriptions
- Complete WWU Swim Lessons Guide for Parents and Swimmers
- Frequently Asked Swim Lesson Questions
Swimming/Use of Spa Before and After Lessons
Children/participants & parents are not permitted to swim before or after their swim lessons. Children may enter the pool under the supervision of their swim instructor. Student Recreation Center members are permitted to stay and practice after their lesson under the following conditions:
- During family swim times: Fridays after 6 pm and Open-Close on weekends/holidays/intersession/summer quarter/public school breaks.
- Based on space availability in the pool (if there are additional lessons following yours then pool space may be reserved for lessons or lap swim).
- Children under 14 years of age must be supervised by an adult and must pass the swim test (swim one length of the pool, any stroke).
- Children who are unable or unwilling to pass the swim test must be an arm’s length away from an adult at all times (whether they can touch the bottom or not).
- Children/participants & parents are not permitted to enter the spa before or after their swim lessons during hours that are not designated as family hours at the Student Recreation Center.
During family hours at the Student Recreation Center members may purchase a guest pass for their participant and use all available areas of the facility.
If you have any questions about swim lessons at WWU, please call the Aquatics Coordinator at (360) 650-4094 or email email@example.com. For additional information about Student Recreation Center membership options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer 2018 Group Lesson Dates and Times
Note: Registration for summer swim lessons is now open!
Monday through Thursday Lessons
These sessions will run Monday through Thursday for eight classes each 2-week session (four 25-minute classes per week). All levels are available during these sessions. We are also excited to offer an intensive one-week session comprised of five lessons with no more than two swimmers.
- Session Dates:
- Session 1: July 2-12 (July 4 make-up session on July 6)
- Session 2: July 16-26
- Session 3: July 30-August 9
- Session 4: August 13-23
- Available Times:
- 4:30pm-4:55pm (Parent/Tot)
- 5:00pm-5:25pm (LTS 1-6)
- 5:30pm-5:55pm (LTS 1-6)
- 6:00pm-6:25pm (LTS 1-6)
These lessons meet on Saturdays for a 6-week session of one 25-minute class per week (6 classes total).
- Session Dates:
- Session 1: July 14-August 18
- Available Times:
- 9:30am-9:55am (Parent/Tot)
- 10:00am-10:25am (LTS 1-6)
- 10:30am-10:55am (LTS 1-6)
- 11:00am-11:25am (LTS 1-6)
Registration and Payment Process
Registration and payment for group swim lessons can only be done online. Payments made at the Student Recreation Center for group lessons are no longer accepted. To register, please follow the following instructions:
- Follow this link to access our online registration system: https://commerce.cashnet.com/WWU_SWIM (Spring quarter registration is now open!)
- Choose the desired lesson session and time and the level your child is in (there is an attached document you can look at to get more information on what skills are covered each level).
- Fill out all required information, read through our Swim Lessons Guide and Hold Harmless Agreement.
- Enter payment and checkout.
- You can enter multiple kids into one payment or multiple sessions into one payment.
- Make sure to register early. We still only have room for 5 participants per level. We are unable to display the amount currently enrolled at the time you register. You will know if a class is full when you go to checkout and pay.
- We will be making a waitlist for classes that fill up.
If you have any questions please send an email to email@example.com or call (360) 650-4094.
Group Lesson Rates Per Session
|Session Type||SRC Member Rate||Non-Member Rate|
(6 weeks, 6 lessons)
|$35.00 / session||$50.00 / session|
|Tuesday thru Thursday Sessions
(2 weeks, 8 lessons)
|$45.00 / session||$60.00 / session|
At this time we are at capacity for private swim lessons. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waitlist and we will contact you when we are able to take on more private lessons.
Private lesson rates apply per child, per lesson:
|Lesson Duration||SRC Member Rate||Non-Member Rate|
|30-minute lesson||$20.00 / lesson||$25.00 / lesson|
|45-minute lesson||$30.00 / lesson||$37.50 / lesson|
|60-minute lesson||$40.00 / lesson||$50.00 / lesson|
|30-minute lesson||$16.00 / lesson||$21.00 / lesson|