Hello, my name is Maeve Brynildson and I am a 20 year old sophomore student enrolled at Western Washington University. While I have not declared a major yet, I have a strong interest in both music production and writing, and I hope to be able to declare English as my major by the fall of 2019, possibly with an interest in Creative Writing. I am a keen student who enjoys discussing the material I learn in my classes with my friends, family and classmates. I am also an avid bookworm; some of my favorite books include Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel and Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly. My favorite genres of writing include poetry, fiction writing, songwriting (though I’m a bit of a novice at it), and scriptwriting. I also enjoy academic journals and nonfiction books, but only when their subjects truly interests me.
I chose the theme, Affinity by Automattic, for this webtext because I’m a fan of vintage photography and photographic shots of nature, both of which are present in this theme. I also enjoy the typefaces used in this theme, and the layout of the menu in it, so it was a no-brainer for me to choose it. The format of the webtext’s theme was intuitive and easy to follow, and I had no trouble with navigating through its contents.
Something that I find present in most photos, images, or pictures from the past is a sense of contemplation and introspection, and perhaps a bit of longing, which is what I wanted the main theme of this project to center around. It was interesting to see how different forms could portray this topic, though there was a lot of overlap in how this subject was told.