Meet the Author (Me!)

I’m Lily Bjork, a college freshman, a nerd, a procrastinator. I grew up in a small town north of Seattle, in fact the town was so small that I had less than a hundred people in my graduating class, and I knew every single person in the school by name. I love to read, recite fun facts, and when I find something interesting, I tend to go overboard, researching the topic to the point of borderline obsession, of course the other reason for these random research frenzies is so that I can put off doing homework… Anyways… My passion for reading is one of the reasons I love dystopian themes. I grew up reading the same teen dystopian novels as everyone else, and I loved those. As I got older I read more of the classic dystopian literature, and I loved that too. The second reason for my choice in theme is because, recently I took a political science class that used dystopian/utopian literature as the main theme for the course, and ever since I have been hooked on dystopian themes. I previously had read some dystopian books, as books like The Hunger Games and The Giver are hard to ignore should you have any sort of social life, but since this class I have been reading less known novels and movies with this theme. I decided to share my newfound passion for dystopia with you, my reader, because I think there are a lot of really interesting aspects to dystopian themes. While creating this site I ran into some interesting genres that I had previously left unexplored. Dystopian poetry is a new genre to me, not because I didn’t know it existed, I just hadn’t given it much thought. I encourage you to go check out the “Apocalyptic Poetry” page and read the poems I left links to. I found that there  I really enjoyed writing about this subject, and I hope you do too.