TO: Department Chairs; Program Directors; Program Administrators; Operations Managers
FROM: Andrew Blick, Director
SUBJECT: PLANNING FOR 2019-20 SELF-SUSTAINING OFFERINGS
We are beginning the planning process for self-sustaining offerings for 2019-20. Planning forms and information are being emailed to your colleges and departments.
Planning Process Overview
Please review the Tips and FAQs for tips and assistance in completing the planning document.
Stage 1: Annual Planning & Course Set-Up
- Completes and attaches planning document with course offerings based on conversations with the Program/Department and data-driven analysis.
- Initiates eForm and routes to Department for review and approval.
- Reviews course offerings, makes adjustments and additions, as necessary.
- Appoints faculty and enters faculty information onto the planning document.
If NTT faculty, dept. initiates NTT faculty hire request form.
Faculty salary and pay type should be determined during the quarterly contract phase in accordance with the current CBA.
If the department is unable to locate a faculty for a specific section, the department or college may request that Extended Education assist in identifying and/or recruiting additional candidates for the department’s vacancy pool for consideration.
- Enters section minimum/maximum enrollment and course fee, if applicable.
- For Face-to-Face courses – enters class dates and times, secures classroom(s) (if applicable, enters expenses for classrooms into planning document under “other expenses”).
- Reviews, completes, and approves completed planning document as forwarded department.
- Reviews information received from department/dean’s office.
- Provides course set-up in Banner, including unique fiscal coding details.
Stage 2: Quarterly Planning Review & Faculty Contracting
- Distributes reminder information for departments and colleges to review offerings for next academic quarter.
- Reviews planning information and makes adjustments, as necessary.
- Communicates details related to appointments and course scheduling to faculty.
- Reviews and approves changes and corrections as proposed by the department.
- Initiates and routes contract and/or H.R. paperwork as required.
- Initiates contracts and routes to department.
- Initiates P.A. form.
- Reconciles tuition revenue and coordinates net revenue share model with college.
Degree and Certificate Planning Information
Degree and Certificate Programs supported by Extended Education follow the same calendar as other Academic Year and Summer Session offerings.
As many degree/certificate programs are cohort-based, it is important that departments recognize and follow planned registration schedules.
For Phase I Registration – We are requesting that planning information for self-sustaining offerings be returned to Extended Education by the College no later than three weeks before Phase I registration begins.
If your program follows an alternative registration schedule, please plan accordingly.
Consideration: If your program includes courses offered by other programs (online courses, other degree/certificate programs, etc.), be sure to verify when these courses will be available to ensure that your students will have access.
Planning Process Reminders
- The Planning Document, included with the planning correspondence, contains rolled offerings from the prior year and additional courses provided by the Department. The Department and College should review these suggestions and update as they see fit.
- Departments will be provided with a Self-Sustaining Departmental Summary Memo. This memo provides information on the offerings offered during the prior academic year.
- The planning document will only contain information related to course set-up and faculty assignment. When courses are set-up in Banner, they will have “Staff” assigned, until the faculty contract is initiated, which will occur prior to Phase I of registration.
- After the initial planning process is complete, Extended Education will distribute a quarterly review reminder to departments and colleges
Changes, Corrections, and Additions
Changes, corrections, and additions after the planning document has been approved by the College and routed back to Extended Education should be completed via the Extended Education Changes and Corrections eForm, found via the Web Forms Finder under “Extended Education” or by clicking here. All course change eForms will be routed through the Department and College for review.