Technology in Podcast

Technology in Podcasts:

When starting this project, I was tasked with finding genre’s to connect my theme to. After choosing the genre “podcasts”, I found the “TechStuff” podcast on Spotify and have been listening to them constantly. When wanting to listening to others talk about technology, you see a different perspective on the topic. You hear others discuss the massive topic while doing whatever you like. This genre fits the theme well because the audience can casually listen to whatever the host talks about. Also listening to these podcast can be a quick way to get caught up in the tech world, each TechStuff podcast is about 45 minutes long. With podcast, there is a vast selection of people who you can talk listen to and find who you enjoy listening to. There is almost always something for everyone. Some hosts talk about much more than just technology and others that only talk about technology. With Jonathan Strickland, he often brings on guests to discuss technology and other topics connected to it. Strickland talks about the ethics and privacy involved with new google devices with always on microphones.

Podcasts are extremely unique because there are many different types of them. The audience has the opportunity to multitask while listening to podcast which makes it great to listen to casually. I found myself listening to them when on my way to school on the bus. Podcasts have a unique ability to make the listener feel some sort of accomplishment after listening to an educational topic. When listening to TechStuff, I feel as if I’m being educated and informed on topics I may be unfamiliar with. For example Strickland has an episode about the large Hadron Collider and he brings on Dr. Daniel Whiteson to explain and talk about an amazing piece of technology.

Podcasts have a great ability to educate while entertain and I believe this genre is beneficial to many to get into. After listening to many podcast in the technology theme, I have learned a great amount of information on different topics while also learning some philosophy.

Link to the show: https://open.spotify.com/show/57wZcoxW8oNs5Mq7WZfTs7?si=KJ5QCQdsTZOA4Qh-baOXtA