Sexual Health Internet Resources for Families

Site Name: Teaching Sexual Health 

• Reason for choosing this website:
    • This website has plenty of internet resources for families and teaching sexual health to their children. The first link I found on this website is a ‘parent workbook’ where they can download a learning guide to help them start a sexual health conversation with their child. There is also a video for parents to watch to learn how to talk to their child about sexual consent. Learning how to talk to your children about this concept is important because it makes children better aware of their actions and others around them. Teaching children not to touch people without permission or allowing others to touch you without your permission is an important concept for them to know. On this website, parents are able to look up information and topics based on different ages and different abilities. For parents, this site is an important tool when learning how to talk to your child with disabilities or that is not typically developing. It has typical questions and topics for parents to read and learn about before talking to their child about sexual education. 
  • How I would introduce this website to parents:
    • I would introduce this to parents by having this link as well as other links on my teacher/class website. I want parents to have easy access to their questions through reliable websites on my home page.