Sexual Health Internet Resources for Students

Site name: Sex Etc.

• Reason for choosing this website:
    • This website is all about sexual health and was created by teens for teens! I also liked all of the resources on this website. It has an info center with different resources for students, a sex ed dictionary, a forum where students can ask questions and get answers, blogs, magazines and games! It also has a tab to help students if they need to find a clinic for HIV/AIDS testing. I would utilize this website in my class for students to be able access during their free time.
  • The National Health Education Standards:
    • Standard 2: Students will analyze the influence of family, peers, culture, media, technology, and other factors on health behaviors.
    • Standard 3: Students will demonstrate the ability to access valid information, products, and services to enhance health.
    • Standard 4: Students will demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal communication skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce health risks.
  • Core Integration:
    • I would integrate this into language arts by having students read and analyze different blog posts from the website. Then, I would have the students talk in groups about the central ideas in the blogs they read and how they knew it was the central idea. This would work well for students in in grades 6-8th.
    • Common Core Standards: CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RI.6.2: Determine a central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the distinct from personal opinions or judgments.

5 thoughts on “Sexual Health Internet Resources for Students

1. What i don’t understood is if truth be told how you’re no longer really a lot more neatly-liked than you might be now. You’re so intelligent. You understand thus considerably when it comes to this topic, made me in my view consider it from so many numerous angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be fascinated unless it’s something to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs great. Always take care of it up! Nổ hũ

2. It is appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or advice. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read more things about it! keo nha cai