Cancer Drawing Board

This is a drawing board presentation directed at informing elementary school children on how to keep Monster Cancer from rearing its ugly head. It talks about preventable aspects of cancer such as how to avoid skin cancer, lung cancer and cancer associated with poor diet and exercise. Monster Cancer isn’t completely avoidable, but by doing our best to prevent him, we can keep more kids like you happy and healthy!

14 thoughts on “Cancer Drawing Board

1. I really enjoyed your amination! Storytelling seems like a great approach for an elementary audience. And good use of the MyPlate guidelines.

2. The story line of this video is great. It was very entertaining and kept me more engaged than a typical announcement would. Very creative! I also like the drawings.

3. I like how you used a fairy tale story theme to get get your message across. That was very clever! Good job!

4. I really liked how you depicted cancer as a monster. Very relevant to the target audience! Also cute drawings! I thought you guys did a good job of picking lifestyle choices that kids can make for themselves.

5. I really liked the story, it would really be something to show to students and they would love it. The animation is amazing as well.

6. I really liked the drawing, I thought it would be great for kids. I really liked the word choice and the way a story was described. I was intrigued the whole time and learned new things. I especially liked the examples you gave for children to not get cancer, they were great and realistic things to do. I love monster cancer! This was just such a cute video, good work!

7. I LOVED THIS. I loved the facts used, and the approach you guys took to tell a ‘death stick’ folk tale. Children would understand the message and see what to avoid. I think you guys did a great job because of the simplicity and clear message.

8. I think you folks had a tough topic doing a cancer drawing board for kid, but you found a really good way to make it approachable. The idea of monster cancer definitely makes it more accessible to younger children. Calling cigarettes death sticks was a clever idea, and it fit well with the theme of monster cancer. Overall, it was a fun drawing board that was clear and age appropriate to your target audience.

9. There were really great drawings that are really comprehensive to children. The detail was really impressive. I really liked how the language was directed towards children as well. The terminology “death sticks” for cigarettes was quite effective. Well done.

10. Awesome job at making this simple to understand using the “village children” example. I like your example of how staying away from “death sticks” will help keep cancer away. Cigarettes can sometimes be looked at as the “cool” thing to do, but by using the term death sticks…it immediately puts a negative stimna on it.