Housing for the Honors Program
As an Honors student, you have the option of living in the Honors Residential Community in Edens Hall. Check out this beautiful building at the Virtual Tour of Edens Hall. Living with other Honors students in this community on campus:
- Fosters a strong sense of community.
- Provides a network of peers who have shared experiences both in hall and in the classroom.
- Offers students unique opportunities for programs including community service, resume/cover letter workshops, and special access to campus programs (like visiting authors).
- Connects students with leadership opportunities both in hall council and on the floor.
How to get into the Honors Residential Community in Edens Hall
- Apply to the Honors Program by March 10th. Admissions decisions are completed on a rolling basis with the majority of decisions shared no later than mid-April.
- Admitted Honors Program students must accept their offer of admission by notifying the Honors Program at Honors@wwu.edu or 360-650-3034 no later than May 1. If you are interested in living in the Honors Residential Community, indicate this in your acceptance message.
- Apply for on-campus housing by the May 1st New Student Priority Deadline. On your housing application, indicate Edens Hall as your first choice. Note: Honors students who are in roommate pairs with non-Honors roommates will be housed in Edens North and waitlisted to move into Edens Hall on a space-available basis.
Honors students currently living on campus will receive an email with instructions during the housing renewal period in early February. If you have not received this email, please contact Kate Stevenson at Honors@wwu.edu.