A Welcome Message from the Assistant Vice President, Human Resources
Interested in working at Western? Take a look at our current openings!
New Talent on our HR Team
- The Organizational and Talent Development team is pleased to welcome Cara Bryant as the New Employee Onboarding Specialist. Cara is responsible for New Employee Orientation and networking events as well as HR’s new Employee Learning Technologies and E-Learning opportunities.
- The Payroll Services team is pleased to welcome Bradley Kimbrell as our new IT Support Technician for our PageUp system. Bradley brings many years as a Technical Consultant and Systems Analyst to his new position. We are very excited to have his level of experience and expertise as part of our team!
- The Payroll Services team also welcomes Nathan Bohn as the new Payroll Assistant. Nathan is the primary contact for payroll questions, including approver permissions, direct deposit enrollment, leave cash outs, and emergency paychecks.
- If you’ve visited HR lately, you may have already met Harjit Singh, the newest member of the Benefits & Operations team and a HR Assistant. Harjit facilitates the daily operations at our front desk, including new hiring paperwork and answering general HR questions.
PEBB OPEN ENROLLMENT: NOVEMBER 1-30!
PEBB Open Enrollment 2020 is a chance for all benefit-eligible employees to make changes to their health or dental plans, enroll or waive coverage for themselves or eligible dependents, and enroll in the Flexible Spending Account and/or Dependent Care Assistance Program. Changes are effective January 1, 2020.
- To make changes to your PEBB benefits, visit PEBB and access your personal PEBB account.
- To participate in the FSA or DCAP, you must enroll on an annual basis
Open Enrollment Fair: November 14, 12pm-2pm, VU 565 A/B/C
- Vendors will be on-site to answer your PEBB benefits-related questions. Learn above change in rates, benefits plans, and service areas.
- Find out information on life insurance, long term disability and auto/home insurance
- Quick Start Orientation is a new 90-minute weekly supplement to the monthly New Employee Orientation (NEO). Quick Start provides information on benefits, payroll, Western ID cards, parking, and transportation close to the new employee’s start date. In December, the Quick Start program will be expanded to include new faculty as well. Thank you to all supervisors for supporting this time-sensitive learning opportunity for your new employees!
- ‘Tis the season for a reminder about Suspended Operations. Please see the Suspended Operations FAQ for more information.
- Don’t forget to use your Personal Holiday before the end of the year. It does not carry over into the next year. It can be used in the same way as vacation leave.
- The 2020 Payroll Schedule is now available on HR’s website.
- On January 1, 2020, updates and revisions to the Fair Labor Standards Act will take effect, including an increase to the salary threshold necessary to be exempt from overtime pay requirements. If you are a Professional Staff employee impacted by the new salary threshold of $35,568, or $684/week, your supervisor will notify you and provide you with additional information. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your supervisor or your HR Consultant.
- Starting January 1, 2020, the maximum earnings subject to the Social Security payroll tax will increase to $137,700, up from the $132,900 maximum for 2019. For more information, see the Social Security Administration’s news release and fact sheet.