Welcome to Western’s Human Resources. We have designed the following web pages with the goal of connecting you with the many benefits and services available to University employees, and providing a place where you can find policies, guidelines, and resources related to your employment type and needs.
We trust that you will find our site informational, useful and easy to navigate. The Human Resources Department supports Western’s mission to serve the people of the state of Washington, the nation and the world by bringing together individuals of diverse background and perspectives in an inclusive, student-centered university that develops the potential of learners and the well-being of communities.
Western’s faculty and staff are one of our greatest resources, and are committed to support a vibrant learning environment for our students. From recruitment to retirement and everything in between, we strive to impact the personal and professional lives of faculty and staff in meaningful and significant ways. We believe that healthy and happy employees are productive employees, and are better able to carry out the University’s mission. Western employees care and come from all walks of life, but we work for the common goal of making Western’s workforce the best in its class, where all employees are treated with equity and dignity.
Your comments and feedback about our website are welcomed and would provide valuable insight to help us improve our services. If you have an idea or a comment, please send your suggestions to me at Chyerl.Wolfe-Lee@wwu.edu.
Thank you for visiting our site and come back often!
Chyerl Wolfe-Lee, SHRM-CP, CLRP
Assistant Vice President for Human Resources
- Change to Paper Pay Check DistributionIn an effort to decrease the chances of lost or stolen paper checks, Payroll will begin mailing all paper checks starting on July 1, 2016 to employee W-2 addresses on file rather than have checks available for pick-up in Human Resources on pay day. Employees who would like the option of picking up their paychecks…
- I’ve moved, how do I updated my address?If you moved to a new address, make sure to update your W-2 address with Western by following these instructions: Log on to Web4U Click on Personal Information Click on Addresses and Phones – View/Update Review the Addresses and Phone Numbers listed If update required, complete an Address/Phone Change Form
- May I use the government rate offered by hotels in I am not traveling on business?Answer: If the rate is offered to all government employees, whether or not they are on official business, then yes. If the hotel requires you to be on official business, then you cannot accept the government rate. To do so would be to use your official position to secure a special privilege
- Where can I get a list of employees who have time sheets in my org?You can run the PWRTIME report in Banner for a particular pay period and org code to see a list of employees who have time sheets along with the employee’s termination date, funding information, position number, pay rate, Time sheet Transaction Status and more!
- As a section 4 employee, can I keep flowers from a customer given to me because of a death or sickness in the family?Answer: You may keep the flowers only if you can establish that you and the customer had a friendship outside of work.