October 10-11, 2017
VU 565 A/B/C
A Wise & Well U will hold a Flu Shot Clinic on Tuesday and Wednesday, October 10-11, for employees and families. An annual flu vaccination is recommended by the CDC for anyone age six months or older, and Western wants our faculty and staff to stay healthy during this upcoming flu season. To make this as convenient as possible, Rite Aid pharmacists will be on-site at the Viking Union 565 A/B/C to administer the vaccinations. If you are covered by the Uniform Medical Plan or the Kaiser WA Classic or Value plan, there will be no cost to you. You will just need to provide ID card and screening questionnaire to the on-site pharmacist that is providing your flu shot. If you are paying out of pocket, then the price of the flu shot will be discounted to $23 per trivalent flu shot and $74 per high dose flu shot (cash or check).
Please see the link below to the online registration site to reserve your appointment today. Be sure to enter Western’s zip code (98225) when registering. You will need to bring your insurance card, form of ID, and the completed Screening Questionnaire to your appointment. A link to the form is provided on the registration website.
1. The website is simply a scheduling tool. Please bring your insurance card, form of ID, and completed Screening questionnaire with you to your appointment.
2. The fastest way to get through the line will be to have your screening questionnaire completed, signed, and a copy of your insurance card stapled to it.
If you have any questions, please direct them to Morgan Cisneros at Rite Aid – Morgan.J.Cisneros@riteaid.com. You may specify which vaccine you would like from the list below:
(Please note all vaccines offered this year are intramuscular)
- Trivalent – This is your standard flu shot for ages 3-64. It protects against the 3 main strains of the flu (H1N1, H3N2 and B/Yamagata).
- Quadrivalent – -This protects against the 3 main strains of the flu, along with a 4th strain (B/Victoria lineage virus). ages 3 – 64
- High Dose – This vaccine is for persons 65 years and older. (For persons under the age of 65 wanting this vaccine please see your Dr. as it may require prior authorization from insurance.) It protects against the 3 main strains of the flu and is essentially a “double dose” of the vaccine.
Link: Get Your Flu Shot
JUST FOR THE HEALTH OF IT – a Wise & Well U!