Simplicity

Hello Reader,

I’m happy. It’s as simple as that. Looking back at how much I’ve grown from high school to now is just self-satisfying. When I was younger (Haha I sound like an old lady “back in my day..”) I always wanted MORE, MORE, MORE (I sometimes catch myself wanting more occasionally, but not as often anymore). For example:

I always wanted MORE friends when I was little (like I wanted a million friends), now in college I have enough friends to count on my two hands and feet (If you looked at your hands and feet just now, you’ve guessed right… I have about 15 friends, but THEY’RE SO FREAKING COOL AND AWESOME AND I LOVE THEM AND I’D CHOOSE THEM OVER A MILLION FRIENDS ANY DAY).

This past week it snowed like CRAZY and being the California girl I am, I WAS SO EXCITED TO PLAY IN IT! Sorry, getting off topic; anyways, watching the snow fall from the sky, slowly floating it’s way down to the ground was just so aesthetically pleasing…It was so…simple.

Now I understand why children get so excited over the simplest of things like: flowers, bugs, even snow. Because even the simplest of things can bring such immense joy, you just have to realize it.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, you don’t always have to do, see, want things in such extreme matters.Simple is nice as well.

Love,

Kate

One thought on “Simplicity

1. I love reading your blogs Kate (: you’re doing a great job. Can’t wait to read more about your life there in Washington.