Japan: Akihabara and Maid Cafe

Hello Reader!

Sorry I’m lagging on these blog updates, it’s so much work and I’ve been going everywhere everyday (but I’m not complaining).

AKIHABARA! The city of anime, electronics, and probably so much more that I don’t know about!

I went to Akihabara with Sayaka-chan and Jitsukawa-san (Thank you so very much Sayaka-chan and Jitsukawa-san. I had lots of fun).

I haven’t seen so much anime in my life until I went to Akihabara, literally anime capital. We also went into a giant department store, Yodobashi Electronics. Literally THE BIGGEST STORE I HAVE EVER GONE INTO, IT HAD SEVEN LEVELS FILLED WITH ELECTRONICS?!

Afterward, we went sightseeing and played a couple of crane games, which are addicting (if you ever go, set a limit). Akihabara is so busy and fun-filled with different types of anime and characters.

Now to the best part of the touring…Maid Cafe.

Yep…I went to one and it was very…unique. My friends said I should go to one so I said “Sure! I want to experience everything.” It was definitely an experience…I wasn’t allowed to video or take pictures because you’re supposed to pay for them (but that didn’t stop me MUAHAHAHA–please ignore my chin fat, I’m eating too much good food). The maids acted very kawaii (cute) and made us say “meow meow something something” over our food (they didn’t actually make us say the word ‘something’ I just don’t remember). There were so many old men and boys (Otaku–geeks, Japanese translation not mine) it was quite amusing. The maids were cute and the experience was fun, I probably wouldn’t go again because its too kawaii for me.

Akihabara is the location for you anime lovers, electronic fanatics, and maid worshipers.

(Click here for video)

Love,

Keito