That One ‘Friends’ Song

Hello Reader,

Have you ever watched the popular sit-com “Friends”? If you have, I’m sure you all know the theme song (if not, here it is).

The reason I brought it up is because friendship has been on my heart this past week, especially today. Friendship is a beautiful thing, it’s kind of like your second family. Friendship is beautiful. Friendship is love. Friendship is vulnerable. Friendship is company. Friendship is sacrifice. Friendship is an adventure.

In the past 19 years of my life I’ve made some strong bonds (some recent, some old) with pretty amazing human beings that I’d like to call my friends…best friends.

Majority of the time in friendships its all about having good times and good vibes. Majority of the time you remember adventures spent together or laughs shared together. But unfortunately life isn’t perfect and you occasionally encounter hard times and are in need of someone. Today was one of those days..

A couple of my friends and I were just having a very hard day (some of us, weeks) to the point of exhaustion and anxiety. I’m sure all of you can relate that when a friend is down or sad, your heart hurts and grieves with them. I guess in a way I wanted to direct this post to my friends (which I’m pretty sure is majority of my readers), here it is:

To my dearest friends,

Thank you for all the special moments, the laughs, and good times. Thank you for having trust in me and for pushing me to my fullest. I just want you to know that when you hurt, I hurt. I want you to know that when you need that shoulder to cry on, I will be that shoulder to cry on. I want you to know that no matter why, how, when, or where, I will always be there for you. I would do anything for you because you are MY FRIEND and I love you. You’ve loved me with all your heart and accepted all my flaws as a human and you deserve that same type of love. I want you to know that I will not let you suffer alone and I will share that hardship/journey with you. And if I could be granted one wish, my dying wish is that there would be no suffering for my loved ones (friends and family) and that you would just experience pure joy and happiness in this life.

Just like the song says….”I’ll be there for you.”

Love,

Kate