Traction Journal 3-Easter Weekend

“Does it happen all at once, like being wound up, or bit by bit?” – Velveteen Rabbit

The Venture Project One went smooth, everything was laid out by Katie, and she was really great at educating us new folk, lots of guidance and exclamation and even understanding when people had very busy schedules.

I feel like every one of our team members put in the same amount of workload.

The project really made us look deeper into Bellingham’s parking issues and different ideas on how we could improve.

During this whole process, I have realized how valuable my time is, while still connecting.

I have learned an entirely new way of communicating during an interview, and I really like the new methods people are using, in the old days during an interview you felt like you were interrogated.

I am hoping to continue this program in the second quarter, we have a lot going on in our family at this time, and I do feel like I would be a disappointment to the team if I try to continue. I am working with Meg to see if Zoom may be a possibility to continue. This will depend on the workload. I really love this class; however, I have some serious obligations at home. This entire course is very important for me to learn new ideas as I start my own small business, so I hope I can figure out something.

I will keep you all posted if I need to drop Entrepreneurship & Innovation and try to pick up next quarter.

10 thoughts on “Traction Journal 3-Easter Weekend

1. jakanad says:

Hi Laura,

I’m glad you’re still finding new ways of doing stuff you already feel comfortable doing. Having an open mind is really the best way to approach the content and material of the class.

2. mccullj7 says:

Hey Laura,

Glad you enjoyed VP1 and got to develop on your interview skills. Hopefully you are able to stay in the program and embark on this journey! goodluck this quarter.

3. bechkos says:

Hi Laura,
    Sorry to hear about the home situation, I hope everyone and everything is okay! No worries if you need to drop, family comes first. But I hope to see you back, you seem to have a lot of passion.
    -Sophie

• Thank You so much- its just been alot with the family dynamics, and I am so eager to be in this class, and learn from you all. I hope to finish up venture project one, come back when things are settled, unfortunately this may be fall quarter.

4. Molly says:

Hey Laura!
    I’m glad you enjoyed your VP1 experience. Duty calls and I’m sure your family will greatly appreciate your help across the border. Hopefully someday you will be able to continue with this program as you find it useful to your goals.
    Best,
    Molly

5. jonesa58 says:

Hey Laura, we’re sad to see you leave. Thanks for dedicating what time you did have to learning through this E & I program. I hope all settles with your family soon! Sending strength and positive energy your way!