In HR we believe that great work and a great work environment go together. A workplace with a culture of trust and mutual learning hits the sweet spot we seek here at Western.
We see Organizational Development and Professional Development as two mutually reinforcing disciplines that support this overarching talent management goal.
Organizational Development (OD) is a practice to help organizations build the capacity to change and achieve greater effectiveness, typically involving employees through bottom-up involvement in change efforts. Professional Development (PD) is a practice and process of developing individual skills, individual leaders, and teams in order to both improve the quality of work as well as the quality of life at work.
We believe that individual and organizational development are inextricably linked.
What are you looking for?
- Are you in the midst of a leadership transition at your workplace, or are you facing succession management challenges?
- Is your unit facing, or even leading, significant change?
- Are you here seeking to pursue your own professional development?
- Are you seeking to improve certain technical and functional skills?
- Are you an emerging leader seeking to take it to the next level?
- Are you an experienced leader facing novel challenges?
- Are you responsible for the form and functioning of a diverse team or unit and want resources on team building?
- Do you – or does your team – need help with communication, conflict and interpersonal skills?
If you answered in the affirmative to any of these questions, then you’ve come to the right place. The HR Talent Development program is here to be a resource for your development and learning needs.
We encourage you to look at our current offerings in the side bar menu. Not finding what you need? Then give us a call at (360) 650-3774 or e-mail us. We will work with you to get your development needs met.