10:30 AM, ES 530
Anna Blick, Chris Casquilho, Jennifer Cook, Joanne DeMark, Debbie Gibbons, Marlene Harlan, Pete Lockhart, April Markiewicz, Bob Putich, Catherine Shornick, Caitlin Sommers
Unavailable: Max Bronsema, Chris Miller
PSO General Business
- Meeting Minutes – November 6, and December 4, 2017, Approved
- Subcommittee Updates: April reviewed the most current standing committee descriptions. She will draft terms, meeting frequency, reportage, etc. and resend. Co-chairs are to be staggered.
- University Standing Committees: April will follow up on several committees to confirm their status.
- By-laws: Marlene will send to membership.
- Charge & Charter for a PSO Social Justice and Equity Committee, what it is and how it will work (Joanne, Anna, Debbie): Recommendation is for co-chairs, and that chair or co-chair serve on the University committee; a seat on that committee will be requested.
- Draft PSO recommendations for employee benefits – tuition reimbursement, child care (Joanne, Anna, Debbie): Anna reported on a sampling of what is offered in similar, nearby universities. Western is the only one in the state without infant-to-age-two care. OSU has helpful family resources website that could be replicated at Western and include elder care. The Childhood Development Center has a new director; PSO will invite for further conversation. Regarding waivers, the gold standard is OSU (transferable waivers). Central may be a good model to explore; Pete will investigate details. PSO will pursue partnering with Faculty Senate and unions.
- Salary and Benefits Committee: tabled
- University Strategic Plan: Eric Alexander will be invited to the next meeting for an update.
PSO Executive Committee Vacancy
Jennifer Cook is stepping down due to other commitments. Leti Romo (ESS) was nominated and approved as a replacement.
General Meeting, Brown Bag Meetings Schedule
A general meeting will be scheduled for mid-February, and include revisiting Compensation Standards, recruiting for committees, and discussing childcare options.
Items from the Floor
University PSO policies have been approved for cancellation. HR will submit new PSO policies and procedures.
Monday, February 12, 2018, 10:30 am, ES 530