Max Bronsema, Chris Casquilho, Joanne DeMark, Debbie Gibbons, Marlene Harlan, April Markiewicz, Chris Miller, Catherine Shornick, Caitlin Sommers
Unavailable: Anna Blick, Pete Lockhart, Bob Putich, Leti Romo
PSO General Business
Meeting Minutes, February 12, 2018: approved
PSO General Meeting Debrief
- Committee Recruitment: Chris Miller reported interest gathered for six committees. Marlene will send him a current list of committee memberships so Chris can follow through.
- PSO Compensation Standards: Some people have concerns about supervisors not being well informed and/or not sharing information. PSO will confirm HR practices regarding supervisors and position reviews.
- Other comments: General meeting was well attended, and attendees were engaged.
Salary and Benefits Committee: Apparently, VPs were reviewing a version of the updated Standards that PSO has not yet reviewed. Access to calculations regarding the cost difference to changes in YIP language has not been provided, but would be helpful to best understand the difference between a two- or three-step processes. PSO should be seeing the data at the same time as the VPs. Due to previous confidentiality concerns, PSO is not seeing CUPA data either.
- NCPS 2018 Conference Funding: PSO has been offered $10,000 to cover travel to the NCPS Conference. In 2017, last minute cancellations resulted in unused funds that could have supported other members interested in attending. EC discussed ways to maximize funds and avoid last minute cancellations if possible, such as charging $100 that would be refunded if person actually attends; if someone is a no-show, s/he could not receive free registration in the future. Recipients could also be asked if they are willing to present conference information back to the PSO and their departments. [April subsequently drafted a proposal.]
- PSO Award for Excellence (May/June Deadline): Pete oversees, as former President.
- PSO Election (May): Pete oversees as well. Catherine Shornick is stepping down as Secretary at the end of the academic year (next year would be year two of two-year term, so a new appointment will be for one year). Debbie Gibbons is retiring.
Items from the Floor
Executive Committee Meeting – Monday, April 9, 10:30 am, ES 530