Monday, June 11, 2018
10:30 AM, ES 530
Max Bronsema, Chris Casquilho, Joanne DeMark, Marlene Harlan, Pete Lockhart, April Markiewicz, Chris Miller, Bob Putich, Leti Romo, Catherine Shornick, Caitlin Sommers
Unavailable: Anna Blick, Shalini Singh
PSO General Business
Meeting Minutes, May 14, 2018: Approved
- PSO General Meeting Follow up: Marlene estimated that 40 to 50 people attended. Sabah Randhawa provided updates on the Strategic Plan and priorities to follow, and said that after UFWW compensation negotiations were completed he would turn his attention to fair and equitable PSO compensation.
- PSO Election Results: Elections are open until June 15.
- Antisemitism Advisory Group: Christian Urcia was designated as the PSO representative.
- EC Secretary and At-large position replacement: Results will be decided by July.
- PSO EC Retreat: A retreat will be scheduled late enough in the summer to include new members.
- 180-day Medical Leave Plan Discrepancy: Updates to the PSO Handbook may be needed to address guidelines for the few remaining PSO members still under the 180-day medical leave program.
- PSO Compensation Standards Update:
- The EC agreed that Debby Cwalina and Chyerl Wolfe-Lee should provide an update to the SBC regarding what PSO members can expect on compensation and the status of the updated Compensation Standards. PSO has been waiting a long time for some promised information. Marlene will schedule a June meeting.
- Chris Miller noted that the university dispenses State funds according to compensation/union plans.
- NCPS 2018 Conference Update:
- April reported on registrations and scholarships; funds remain available for additional scholarships.
- PSO Award for Excellence Update: One nomination has been received; nominations close June 30.
Items from the Floor
- PSO Budget: April provided an overview of the budget and will request a carryforward for the remaining FY18 balance.
- Merit Document: The proposal was submitted over a year ago and has not made any progress. The current default is for a one-time pay.
- MEC: Leti has been appointed to the Minority Employee Council.
- Food insecurity: Attention was called to the Food Bank in VU 511.
- Last meeting: Both Catherine and Bob are stepping down from the EC. Bob encouraged the EC to formalize PSO’s relationship–and emulate the relationship the unions have–with upper administration. This would be a good topic for the next retreat. Many kind and appreciative words were exchanged for the work and collegiality of the EC.
Executive Committee Meeting, next year’s schedule: Marlene will send Doodle Poll regarding date options for a July meeting and an EC retreat.