THE RAY WOLPOW INSTITUTE IN THE NEWS
- NEW: Free professional development opportunity for teachers in Bellingham, WA on April 29, 2017
- NEW: Holocaust survivor and educator Noemi Ban to speak at WWU on March 8, 2017
- WWU to Host Native American Activist Brian Cladoosby February 9th
- Historian Shares Research on Native American Genocide in California
- Wolpow Institute joins more than 91 Holocaust organizations from around the world in support of AHO open letter decrying intolerance and hate speech
- WWU Creates Ray Wolpow Institute for Study of Holocaust, Genocide
- Holocaust and genocide to be focus of new institute at Western Washington University
- Ray Wolpow Institute Advances Knowledge About Ethnic and Religious Conflict
- Dr. Alfers publishes book on Holocaust survivor Else Dormitzer in Germany
UPCOMING INSTITUTE-SPONSORED EVENTS AT WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY & IN BELLINGHAM
- Thursday, February 23, 2017: Ed Mathieu, Visiting Assistant Professor in History at WWU, “Speaking of Maps: Maps as Lenses on Nazism 1772-1945, 4:00PM, Wilson Library 170 (Map Collection).
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017: Holocaust educator and survivor Noémi Ban at WWU, Tickets are required for this event. Update 02/16: All tickets have been reserved.
- Wednesday, April 19, 2017: Arndt Peltner, Amnesty International award-winning journalist and freelance correspondent for German and Swiss radio and newspapers, 4:00PM, Location TBD, Presentation on Germany’s role in the Rwandan Genocide.
- Saturday, April 29, 2017: Professional Development Workshop on Teaching the Holocaust for English, Social Studies, and World Language Teachers, Echoes and Reflections Curriculum, sponsored by the ADL and the Ray Wolpow Institute.
UPCOMING EVENTS AT WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
- World at Western Events Calendar, Institute for Global Engagement – Talks, films, and more during winter quarter 2017, For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- World Issues Forum, Fairhaven College – Talks during winter quarter 2017, For more information please contact email@example.com