Risk, Compliance and Policy Services (RCPS) provides a range of institutional services. It operates the University’s risk management, compliance, public records, policy and rules (WAC) development activities, and acts as a consultant and service-provider to executive, division, college, and unit leadership who have substantive responsibility for managing risk and compliance. Along with Internal Audit, RCPS supports the Finance, Audit and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Committee of Western’s Board of Trustees in fulfilling its fiduciary responsibilities for the University.
Risk, Compliance and Policy Services (RCPS) provides a range of institutional services, including traditional and enterprise risk management, compliance management, internal controls, public records request, and policy and rules (WAC) development activities.
RCPS serves as a consultant and service-provider to members of the Western community who have substantive responsibility for managing risk and compliance in order to support the successful achievement of Western’s mission and strategic plan.
For RCPS, we envision harmonizing RCPS’s separate, but related, functions in order to improve its services and create value for the Western community.
For Western, we envision an institutional culture in which the quality of the decisions made by the Western community are enhanced by risk and compliance awareness.
- Communicate effectively with the Western community
- Build and maintain strong, respectful working relationships with the Western community
- Encourage teamwork, collaboration and partnerships within RCPS and the Western community
- Model professionalism, integrity and ethical behavior
- Deliver advice and services that effectively helps resolve client problems and concerns
- Balance the strategic objectives of Western, RCPS and our clients
- Develop and empower members of RCPS to achieve the delivery of best practices to the Western community
- Encourage innovative thinking, with an understanding that there is more than one way to achieve RCPS and client objectives
Check here for the latest announcements from RCPS