The second Salish Sea Studies course will be offered this winter: SALI 497: Salish Sea Studies Community Seminar. In this course, students will engage in place-based learning together and provide input on the development of the Salish Sea Studies curriculum. Learn more!
About the Salish Sea Institute
The mission of the Salish Sea Institute is to foster responsible stewardship of the Salish Sea, inspiring and informing its protection for the benefit of current and future generations.
- Promotes dialogue and partnerships among people, organizations and agencies throughout First Nations and tribal communities, Washington State, and British Columbia
- Serves as the administrative home of the Salish Sea Ecosystem Conference
- Hosts gatherings to cultivate collaborative governance and protection of the Salish Sea
- Develops place-based curriculum, research and events for students to explore the environment, history and communities of the Salish Sea
- Fosters a sense of place and raises awareness of the value of the Salish Sea and the issues that threaten its health