The mission of the Salish Sea Institute is to foster responsible stewardship of the Salish Sea, inspiring and informing its protection for the benefit of current and future generations.
- Promotes dialogue and partnerships among people, organizations and agencies throughout First Nations and tribal communities, Washington State, and British Columbia
- Serves as the administrative home of the Salish Sea Ecosystem Conference
- Hosts gatherings to cultivate collaborative governance and protection of the Salish Sea
- Develops place-based curriculum, research and events for students to explore the environment, history and communities of the Salish Sea
- Fosters a sense of place and raises awareness of the value of the Salish Sea and the issues that threaten its health
Hope for the Salish Sea: Speakers Inspiring Hope for the #SalishSeaFuture
This Winter Quarter, the Salish Sea Institute co-sponsored the series and brought a full set of speakers to address critical issues in the Salish Sea. View the new Hope for the Salish Sea Program and inspiring lectures from the Huxley Speaker Series.