The mission of the Salish Sea Institute is to foster responsible stewardship of the Salish Sea, inspiring and informing its protection for the benefit of current and future generations.
- promotes dialogue and partnerships among people, organizations and agencies throughout First Nations and tribal communities, Washington State, and British Columbia
- serves as the administrative home of the Salish Sea Ecosystem Conference
- hosts gatherings to cultivate collaborative governance and protection of the Salish Sea
- develops place-based curriculum, research and events for students to explore the environment, history and communities of the Salish Sea
- fosters a sense of place and raise awareness of the value of the Salish Sea and the issues that threaten its health