The mission of the Salish Sea Institute is to foster responsible stewardship of the Salish Sea, inspiring and informing its protection for the benefit of current and future generations.
The Institute will:
- promote dialogue and partnerships among people, organizations and agencies throughout First Nations, tribal communities, Washington state and British Columbia
- serve as the administrative home of the Salish Sea Ecosystem Conference
- host gatherings to cultivate collaborative governance and protection of the Salish Sea
- develop place-based curriculum, research and events for students to explore the environment, history and communities of the Salish Sea
- foster a sense of place and raise awareness of the value of the Salish Sea and the issues that threaten its health