Collection Mission Statement
Western Washington University collection department helps people resolve their financial obligations for the benefit of all parties in a manner consistent with our core values of integrity, accountability and professionalism.
University services will be withheld, including, but not limited to, registration, grades, transcripts, and diplomas. You will also be assessed a monthly Late Payment Fee until the debt is paid in full. Services will be automatically restored once the account is paid in full.
All debt not paid in a timely manner may be referred to a Collection Agency. If you believe your past-due balance is inaccurate, please contact the Loans and Collections department to avoid Collection Agency action. If it is deemed necessary to refer the account to an Agency, the debtor (account holder) will be responsible for all collection costs and legal fees. All collection and legal costs will be added to the balance of your unpaid obligation.
To discuss your past-due debt, please contact the Student Business Office (360)650-2865.
Online Payment – with your myWestern account
• E-check – Available 24 hours a day. No fee.
• Credit Card – MC/American Express/Discover with a 2.75% Convenience Fee.
In-person payments can be made by either cash or check. Checks should be made payable to Western Washington University in US dollars. Please write your Western Student ID# on your check.
Temporary Repayment Arrangement (TRA)
- A monthly payment plan for former students who owe money on their account
- Six (6) and twelve (12) month plans available
- One percent (1%) interest rate
- Payments due the first (1st) of the month
- Avoid being sent to an outside Collections Agency
- Contact us at 360.650.2943