- Allows you to view monthly statements and pay bills
- Students set up and manage Authorized Users on their Student Account online
Students must set up Authorized User accounts to allow others, such as parents, spouses, or employers, to view their bills and make online payments toward their student account. To set up an Authorized User account, follow the instructions below:
- Log into MyWestern
- Select Student tab
- Look for the Web4U – Student Portal
- Select WWU Student Account Online
- In the “Authorized Users ” section, click “Add New.” Choose a login name for the Authorized User (a unique login name for that person), enter their email address, and the system will create a temporary password for their account. Click “OK” to create the account. Note: If the login name is already taken by another user, you’ll see the error message “Authorized User already exists,” and you’ll need to choose a different login name.
- Once you’ve created the accounts, provide the Authorized User with their login name(s), and the following website address: https://commerce.cashnet.com/wwupay?LT=P. An email will also be generated from CASHNet to the Authorized User(s) containing the same information.
When the Authorized User logs into their account, they will need to create a new password and then will be able to view your bills and make payments to your account.
Parent Plus Loan Checklist
Students can accept a Parent Plus Loan on their Financial Aid Award but they will not receive the funds until parents have been approved. The steps below are how parents can take out a loan to help their students pay for tuition and fees.
- Login on studentloans.gov with your FSA ID
- Go to the Plus Loan section
- Apply for Plus Loan
- Complete Master Promissory Note
- Complete Entrance Counseling
- All refunds go to students with the exception of the Parent Plus Loan refund
- Parents can select for the Parent Plus Loan refund to also go to students when they apply for the loan.
Parents with Multiple Children Attending Western
- Western offers no discounts for families with multiple children attending
- Parents will need separate Authorized User accounts for each child
Release of Financial Information Form
- Being an Authorized User and having a Release of Financial Information Form are different
- Allows SBO to speak to you about specifics of student’s account
- Without this form, SBO can give no information about student’s account, even if you are set up as an Authorized User
- Students fill out this form
Miscellaneous Charge Authorization Form
Students must authorize financial aid funds to pay allowable charges on their Student Account other than tuition, fees, room and board.
Misc. Charges (Health Center charges, Bookstore Charges, ID cards, late fees & interest)