New Volunteer Info Session
New volunteer orientation occurs at 10 a.m. on the first Saturday of every month at the SEA Discovery Center.
Volunteering is a great way to get involved in your community, meet new people, learn about marine life, and contribute to environmental stewardship.
Events and Programs
SEA Discovery Film Festival
SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL JUNE 3, 2018!
Help inspire our community to discover marine life and ecosystems.
Create and submit a short film (1-3 minutes) on the theme of 'Sea Discovery.'
We leave it up to the film maker to interpret that theme with their short film.
Deadline: Sunday, June 3, 2018
Learn more about the SEA Discovery Film Festival and how you can submit your short film for consideration.
Awards & Prizes
- Film submissions will undergo an initial screening, and finalists will be selected by an internal committee.
- Finalists’ films will be premiered during the SEA Discovery Center’s Summer Film Festival on July 3 from 6:30 – 8:30 PM for community audience votes.
- Prizes will be awarded by category (elementary, secondary, college, non-student/indie/professional).
- Films must be rated for General Audiences (Rated G).
- Submitters retain all creative rights to their work.
- Submitters agree to allow use of their film by the SEA Discovery Center in their auditorium, online, and in promotional materials.