SEA Discovery Center has an internship program for advanced high school students, college students, or graduates who are interested in a unique experience in a variety of areas within the center, including scientific research, education and outreach, and aquarium operations and animal care.
Interns will gain a variety of experiences including:
- Marine environmental research mentored by aquarium staff, on topics such as food web dynamics and estuarine ecology and environmental science
- Communicating science to a broad audience through the public aquarium
- Creation and maintenance of aquarium exhibits & animal care
Interns must be able to:
- Work both independently on specific duties as well as on a tight-knit team with staff, volunteers, and other interns.
- Understand and follow written and oral instruction, have excellent communication and organization skills.
- Adapt to an ever-changing work environment and be available on weekends.
- Internships are unpaid.
- Requires participation in the program for a minimum 10-20 hours per week and a minimum commitment of 10-12 weeks.
- Summer interns can fulfill internship or other credit requirements for WWU degree programs. Please ask if you’re interested.
How to Apply
Internship opportunities vary throughout the academic year and in summer. Please contact email@example.com with ‘SEA Discovery Internship’ in the subject line to inquire about availability of internship positions and request further information.
In your inquiry letter, please send the following:
- Cover letter addressing your interest and qualifications,
- Resume with contact information for three references,
- Transcript (unofficial is fine).