Meet with an Academic Support Coordinator
Our professional academic support coordinators are ready to help you with choosing a major, registering for courses, completing graduation requirements, locating scholarships, setting goals, and beyond.
How to Make an Appointment:
Advising appointments can be made by calling, emailing or stopping by our front desk in Old Main 387. Our friendly student staff can help you schedule an advising appointment with one of our professional academic support coordinators. When scheduling an appointment, please be sure to:
- include your full name, your student ID#, and the best phone number to reach you
- identify the nature of the appointment (what do you want help with?)
- indicate the specific academic support coordinator you wish to see, if you have one in mind
- show up a few minutes early so you have time to fill out a short form before the appointment
Walk-in Advising Hours:
You can also come to our walk-in hours when you have a quick question. Most appointments are about 15 minutes on a first-come, first-served basis.
Monday – Friday:
8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Ask an SOS Academic Support Coordinator
Do you have questions for our SOS academic support coordinators? Please ask us!
The mission of SOS academic advising is to assist students in achieving their academic goals through the development of educational plans and access to campus resources.
Academic advising provides students with the opportunity to build a relationship with the academic support coordinator. Together they can:
- set educational goals
- identify the skills needed for academic success
- discover how to access the resources and services at the University
Academic advising is a shared educational process. Students and the academic support coordinator partner to:
- meet essential learning outcomes
- ensure academic success
- outline steps for the achievement of personal, academic and career goals
A successful academic support coordinator/student partnership requires participation and commitment, as it is built over the student’s entire educational experience at Western.