On September 5, 2017, the Trump Administration announced that it would be ending the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program effective March 5, 2018. This website serves as the central source of news, information, university policy and resources for Western’s undocumented students and others affected by the ending of DACA.
Student Outreach Services serves first generation, multicultural and non-traditional students including undocumented students. We welcome any student regardless of immigration status.
An undocumented student is a foreign national who: (1) entered the United States without inspection or with fraudulent documents; or (2) entered legally as a non-immigrant but then violated the terms of his or her status and remained in the United States without authorization (as defined by the National Immigration Law Center).
Undocumented Student Academic Support Coordinator, (ASC)
Undocumented students receive academic guidance and support from Emmanuel Camarillo, the Undocumented Student Academic Support Coordinator (ASC). Contact the Undocumented Student ASC at Emmanuel.Camarillo@wwu.edu or by phone at (360) 650-2456.
- President Randhawa’s Statement – Sept. 5, 2017
- Council of President’s Statement – Sept. 5, 2017
- President Randhawa’s Statement – Jan. 30, 2017
- Governor Inslee’s Statement – Jan. 25, 2017
- President Randhawa Message to Campus – Nov. 28, 2016
- President Randhawa Message to Campus – Nov. 18, 2016
- President Randhawa’s Statement – Nov. 14, 2016
- Governor Inslee’s Statement – Nov. 15, 2016
- AASCU President Muriel Howard Statement – Dec. 5, 2016