Mission: We, the VSO, support our military-connected student population with resources that foster academic success and financial resources while promoting student development.
If you are interested in using VA educational benefits at Western you can click on the appropriate link below.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact our office so that we can help.
Submit A Certification Request
EVERY QUARTER, (after registering for classes) complete your Certification Request below:
Online Certification Requests are now closed. New certification requests or changes to an existing request may be submitted in person at the Veteran Services Office located in the Wilson building, room 165.
- April 15, 2020 – Our general office phone line is open 8am-5pm Mon-Fri. (360) 650-3324
- April 15, 2020 – No Penalties: Tuition is due, but rest assured, no late fees or interest will be applied to VA educational benefits. The VA has been implementing legislation to make sure veterans’ educational benefits and housing were not impacted by schools going all online due to COVID-19. Due to this, we were asked to delay our normal process, but are now catching up remotely as fast as possible. Thank you for your patience.
- April 6, 2020 – We, the VSO, are currently out of the office and working from home. Therefore if you are trying to reach us or have any questions the best mode to contact us is our email: email@example.com.
- April 3, 2020 – Based on the Senate Bill 3503 , BAH will not change regarding in-seat classes changing to online due to COVID-19 from March 1, 2020 to December 21, 2020.
- March 24, 2020 – WWU has been designated a Military Friendly® School for the 2020-2021 Military Friendly® Cycle.
New Students: Click below to learn about your benefits:
Current Payment Schedule
Living on Campus?
Western requires you must pay all of your housing and dining fees by the start of the quarter.
Even if you are receiving BAH payments monthly, you must still pay Western upfront for your room and board.
If you need additional information on how to pay, please contact the Veteran Services office. Visit Western’s University Residences site for more info.