Viking eBikes are available for free to the entire WWU community!
The Office of Sustainability is studying sustainable transportation across the WWU campus and we’re looking for your participation. Getting started is easy – just look below for how to check out an eBike that’ll fit your needs. We look forward to riding with you.
How To Get Started
Check out an eBike for a few days:
The Office of Sustainable Transportation now offers an eBike for a free, short-term loan (up to 4 days) and for group demonstrations. If you’re unsure of making a 10 week commitment, you live on campus, or you just don’t want to wait, this is the option for you. Individuals can check out the eBikes for up to 4 days. Here is the process for short-term check-outs:
- Complete the orientation request form. You will need to attend an orientation prior to your check-out.
- Complete the reservation request form.
- Pick up an eBike and ride!
Check out an eBike for a quarter (10 weeks):
We are offering FREE quarter-long loans for Western faculty, students, and staff. That’s right. You can borrow for an eBike for 10 weeks for FREE. We provide helmets, cold-weather wear, and a saddlebag with the eBike. To apply, follow this link: http://www.wwu.edu/q/ebikecommuter
Check out the FAQ to find answers to your burning questions.
Latest News and Events
Be sure to subscribe (bottom right) to receive updates about Viking eBike news and events!
- Myths and Misconceptions November 6, 2017Electric assist bicycles, or eBikes as we call them, are not going away. As they grow in popularity around the world and as more people come to terms as to what they are (and are not) we understand there will be misconceptions that may persist. This article from People For Bikes addresses some of…
- Up And At Em! November 2, 2017Today's post comes from Western student Allison Winch who reaffirms not only that Viking eBikes are great on hills, but also that moms definitely know best. "I am currently a student at WWU that lives up on the Ridge, and sometimes I find it tiring to actually head up there on a daily basis,…
- Sharon Gets Her Kicks October 30, 2017Electric bikes can do many things for their riders, and one thing we witness most often at Viking eBike is the empowerment of our riders. It's been said that bikes can set you free, and eBikes, I would posit, may even set you free..er. Fall rider and WWU professor, Dr Sharon Shewmake, is setting an…
- Tony K's Big Ride October 4, 2017Thanks to Tony Kurtz, Western's Archivist and Records Manager for this great write up on his eBike experience. I am a daily bicycle commuter and I love the freedom that biking gives me. Bellingham is small enough that biking almost anywhere, with a little bit of planning, is a very doable alternative—even with those pesky hills. …
- Orientation Bonanza October 4, 2017Fall is upon us here at the Office of Sustainability and with the start of a new season comes many a new rider. Here are a couple shots from our orientations this week!
- Confident Commuting September 27, 2017While we drift into fall, our summer quarter rider, Roseve, brings us back into summer with her rider report on our Viking eBike: "This summer I had the opportunity to be one of the WWU eBike riders! I mostly used the bike to commute around Bellingham from home to work or appointments. In the…