Viking eBikes are available for free to the entire Western community!
The Office of Sustainability is providing electric bikes to study sustainable transportation at Western and we’re looking for your participation. Getting started is easy – just look below for how to check out one of our free eBikes.
How To Get Started
Note: The Viking eBike Pilot Project will end on June 15, 2018, and the Sustainable Transportation office will not be managing the Viking eBikes any longer. Ride while you can!
Check out an eBike for a few days:
The Office of Sustainable Transportation offers an eBike for a free, short-term loan – up to 4 days. This is the quickest and best way to learn about our electric bikes. Here is the process for short-term check-outs:
- Complete the orientation request form. You will need to attend a 20 minute orientation prior to your check-out.
- Complete the reservation request form.
- Pick up an eBike and ride!
Latest News and Events
Be sure to subscribe (bottom right) to receive updates about Viking eBike news and events!
- Taking e-bike to a whole new level. July 31, 2018This electric trike was recently purchased by a WWU staff member to replace his car. He commutes to work from Ferndale. It takes him half the amount of time that it took with his non-electric bike.
- Even up Alabama Hill!! July 20, 2018Giovanna is a student who hosted a Viking eBike during spring quarter. This will be the last rider post for the Viking eBike Pilot Project. We are working in our final report and will post it in a future blog post. "I was so impressed with this bike! I was able to ride easily all…
- Majestic Eletronic Pony July 18, 2018Hello my name is Justin Miller I am 26 years old and I really like to ride bikes. No really, I love it, my entire life I rode bikes with my brothers, my cousins, my friends, if the sun was out, chances are I was on a bike. Sadly, after 5 years in the United…
- Jessica Cruises with Ease June 19, 2018Jessica is a student at Western, and she was the last person to check out a Viking eBike for a short term loan. Check out what she has to say about her e-biking experience. As soon as I test rode the Viking eBike at orientation I knew I had to get my hands on…
- Wrap Up Party June 7, 2018As the Viking eBike program comes to a close here at Western's Sustainable Transportation office, we would like to recap the event we hosted on May 31 for those that could not attend. On the morning of the 31st, we hosted the Viking eBike Wrap Up Party to share with the University our findings…
- BFF's (Bike Friends Foreva) June 1, 2018Look who a Viking eBike found to hang out with! We love to see our eBikes mingle with other bikes and eBikes of the world. Makes us feel like proud bi-pedal parents.