Project 2 Collage

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CS3bpiOGoyN8efk_oi2b0nYq7rB3Lz-MxR9K7bnFl4U/edit?usp=sharing

Kate Stewart

John McCullugh

Our literacy narrative collage was a tough project to create because we had to think of interesting and compelling ways to convert our existing narratives into a new and innovative medium. The creation in this new medium had to represent the similarities and differences of both of our narratives equally. We then had to take these different aspects of our narratives and relate them together in a complex way to create an overarching theme of the collage. Our lack of creative skill contributed to a sense of unease about this project but once we started making a plan we saw that we didn’t have a lot to worry about.

Both of our narratives contained a literacy sponsor that had something to do with school, teachers, or tutors so we wanted to use repetition of pictures relating to those subjects in order to drive home the idea that these things were our most important supporters of literacy development. Proximity was used by overlapping our pictures to convey the message that everything is connected. This contributes to the broad theme of the process of sponsoring literacy. To convey the visual rhetoric that we wanted to show we utilized alignment to display the progression of our experience. The bottom represents our time of struggle and the beginning of our respective journeys. The stack of books in the middle of the collage draw the eye in a linear way. The eye follows our progress from the bottom up to the top. The contrast of the white background and the colorful images make them pop.

We used google docs to create our collage. We mostly focused on the similarities of both of our literacy narratives because they were very alike while still being unique. Our priority in this project was to convey how our literacy sponsors challenged us and created new hope when there was none.

4 thoughts on “Project 2 Collage

1. Hello, I want to recommend you a great online cаsino where I often win a lot of money! No, really, in this cаsino I win very often, and all my friends ask me where I got so much money, and I tell them that I won in this online cаsino: jackpot jill . But for some reason they don’t believe me. If you are from Australia, there is a nice bonus waiting for you there!

2. I’ve been on the hunt for a quality online gaming experience here in Cyprus, and I must say, I’ve hit the jackpot. This site is a breath of fresh air with a wide variety of games that are truly hard to find elsewhere https://onlinecasinocyprus.net/ . The design is intuitive, making it easy to navigate, and I feel secure using it. It’s heartening to find a platform that truly caters to us Cypriots.

3. Nové dobrodružství a šance na výhru čeká v nove online kasino – https://ceskeonlinekasina.cz/ . S inovativními hrami a atraktivními bonusy je nove online kasino skvělým místem pro každého hráče. Připojte se k nám a objevte svět nekonečné zábavy a výher!