Participating in Interviews and Surveys

Adelle Tower

The interview I participated in was Leisure Reading and College Major study which was conducted through a shared google document. In this interview I was first asked about my reading choices as a child and my reading choices now. They then went on to ask what influences my reading choices and what influenced my major choice. Lastly, they asked if I believed my reading habits influenced my major choice at all. I believe these to be effective questions in their search for a correlation between reading choices and college major. The questions asked are effective because they ask questions that lead into one another to make the subject they are interviewing reflect on why they chose the major they are in and if that decision stems from experiences with pleasure reading. This data gathering could get a large variety of responses as there a wide variety of majors here at western and everyone has a unique leisure reading experience. My participation in this interview was a beneficial contribution as I read for pleasure often and about the stuff I love, which is the major I chose here at Western.

Next, I participated in the survey Residence Hall Stereotypes which asked to describe each residence hall in three words, which hall I live in, what stereotypes I’ve heard with my residence hall, and if I agree with them. I believe the researches want to know how each residence hall would describe one another and how residents in those halls agree with the stereotypes associated with them. These are effective questions as each residence hall will likely have unique opinion of one another and having these descriptions condensed into three words will provide easier data to sort. My participation will help with this question as I live in a residence hall and have experienced life in the other residence halls as well.

Lastly, I participated in the survey Space Travel which asks how we see space portrayed in media and our individual opinions on space travel. I believe the question they are seeking to fulfill is how media influences an individual’s opinion on space travel. I believe the questions asked to be effective to fulfill this question because everyone has seen a various array of media about space, and by asking our opinions they can find correlations between the two. My participation will benefit this question as I have seen many sci fi movies and have strong opinions about space travel.

2 thoughts on “Participating in Interviews and Surveys

1. Participating in interviews and surveys is an essential aspect of academic research, and this article provides valuable insights on how to approach these interactions effectively. As a student, sometimes the workload can become overwhelming, and that’s where help from https://studyclerk.com/essay-writing-help comes to the rescue. With their expert assistance, I can focus on engaging in interviews and surveys with confidence, knowing that my academic writing needs are in reliable hands. Thanks to both the article’s guidance and StudyClerk’s support, I can navigate my research journey with greater ease and success.