WebTech designs and develops the templates for WWU websites. This includes HTML/CSS templates, Drupal templates, and WordPress templates. In addition WebTech provides guidance on the design of the Western Mobile App. WebTech has a goal to provide the best tools and resources to other campus developers.
Web Technology Assistance for Western
WebTech provides advice, training, and technical assistance for website developers and website content managers at Western. Our standard work is free for non self-supported departments and programs. We can also provide site maintenance on a contracted basis subject to our staffing limitations.
Cross Campus Web Meetings
The 2nd and 4th Monday of every month at 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM in Viking Union (VU) 567
- 4th, Monday 6/27 – Matthew Anderson presenting on Social Media Strategy, Max lead
- 2nd, Monday, 7/11 – review Counseling Center, Dave Herzog, Shari Robinson
- 4th, Monday, 7/25 – Web Devvy Award development
- 2nd, Monday, 8/8 – peer review for VU site in re-design
- 4th, Monday, 8/22 – Web Devvy Award
- 2nd, Monday, 9/12 – What Services Does Web Tech provide, how to prepare and work with Web Tech
- 4th, Monday, 9/26 – no meeting
- 2nd, Monday, 10/10 – Refresh and reacquaint ourselves with charter, topic list, announce the Devvy Award winner(s)
Drop by our office, Old Main 390, every Wednesday from 2pm-3pm for lab hours. Lab Hours are an informal time for you to sit down at a computer with us to work through pressing issues with your website.
STC WordPress Trainings
During the summer please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for individualized WordPress Training
Video Caption Training