In the continued effort to make PDFs more accessible it is helpful to see where your effort will have the most immediate impact. Using Google Analytics you can see which PDF files are your most downloaded and then decide if you can convert them to HTML or at a minimum, make the PDF file itself more accessible.
Steps to create the top downloaded PDF dashboard widget:
- Sign in at: https://www.google.com/analytics/
- Navigate to the account you are tracking
- Click Behavior -> Events -> Overview
- Click Downloads from the Event Category listing
- Then click Event Action which is a little blue link above the table
- Click PDF
- Voila all PDFs being downloaded on the site are shown. From there, you can click the add to dashboard link and you never have to repeat the steps above.