Logging into your Drupal Website
Logging into your site requires you to use your Western Universal ID. Follow the steps below to login:
- Go to your website url /user. For example, webtech.wwu.edu/user
- Click the Login button
- You will be redirected to the universal login screen.
- Enter your Western Universal ID and password
- Click the login button again
- If successfully logged in you will arrive at your profile page.
Once logged in you can edit your profile and update other pages as your roles within the Drupal site allow.
Installing the collegesites install profile
All code should be entered on a single line. The formatting of this website may force it to wrap onto more than one line.
Are you anxious to get started with all Drupal has to offer and base your work off of the Western supported Drupal modules? Do you want your site pre-configured with sensible defaults? Use the following procedure to get started with our college sites install profile.
- Ensure you have the requirements listed below in the requirements section installed and cofigured.
- git clone the College Sites install profile. We often install this inside of our www or htdocs directory.
$git clone email@example.com:wwuweb/collegesites.git
- Then tell drush to build a site based on that profile. Once you execute the command it may take a few minutes to build.
$drush make pathToCollegeSitesDirectory/collegesites.make sitename
$drush make collegesites/collegesites.make training
- Copy the collegesites directory into your new sites profile directory.
- Navigate to your new site in a browser. For the example above on MAMP you would go to http://localhost:8888/training.
- Choose to use the College Sites install profile instead of the Standard or Minimal profile.
- Install Drupal as normal.
- If you are going to import a database either use the Back up and Migrate module that is available via the install profile or import directly into your LAMP stack.
Creating a Dual Theme (for College and Department)
If your college or division has a Drupal site and you are working on integrating your site with the Drupal system a common need is site specific navigation and identity. To get this working we have a template named wwuzen-dual that you can modify to fit your site and we can then deploy within the parent site.
- Retrieve the theme from Bitbucket. This will download a zip file of the theme.
- Unzip the file.
- Rename the directory wwuzen-dual-(department/office name) without the ().
- Rename the file wwuzen_dual.info wwuzen_dual_(department/office name) without the ().
- Open the wwuzen_dual_(department/office name) file and find line 25.
- It should say name = WWUZEN Dual
- Change that to be WWUZEN (Department/office name) without the ().
- Open theme-settings.php and replace wwuzen_dual everywhere you find it with your theme name, wwuzen_dual_(department/office name) without the ().
- Do the same in template.php
- Open templates/page.tpl.php and put your department or office name on line 121 in place of “Department of Environmental Science”
- In the root directory of the theme you have just created compile the SASS into CSS. $ compass compile
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your zipped up theme. Ask to have it loaded into your college or division Drupal site.