YOURLs is Western’s in-house solution for tiny URLs and is the preferred on-campus method.
- Contact WebTech to set up an adminstrators account for you: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Login at: http://www.wwu.edu/yourls/admin
After login, you will see the following:
- Enter the URL: enter the website URL you’d like the short URL to point to
- Custom short URL: enter the name you’d like displayed in the short URL
Confirm that your custom URL is unique by checking the listing box below
- Click Shorten The URL to submit
- Following submission, your short URL will be displayed in the table below listing all short URLs
- Click on the link you created in the Short URL column to test it. Right click on the short URL to copy the link address.
- When you mouse over the row of your short URL, buttons will appear in the Actions column that allow you to see statistics, share, edit, and delete your short URL
The format of all short URLs is “http://www.wwu.edu/q/unique-short-url” where unique-short-url is the custom short URL that you created.