The sidebar Dreamweaver template works nicely for feeds. If you want the feeds on your home page, you might want to start a new sidebar template, add your existing content to the main panel, then add the feed information to the sidebar.
Create the Feed
WesternToday uses topics to classify each article they add. For a college the topic would be the full name of the college separated by hyphens. For example:
Your feed url would then be (substitute your topic for the italics bit):
Test this is a browser and see if you get a list of articles. If not, contact University Communications for assistance.
There are many services that help you to create a feed stream; we recommend feedroll.com . Go to their site and follow the instructions listed there:
- Add the URL created above in the URL section of the page.
- Set the other settings – we use these, but do as you like:
- Show Channel – yes
- Number of items to display – 8
- show/hide = 1
- Show author = no
- use html = yes
- show date = no (it shows a lengthy time field which is distracting in our opinion)
- Time zone = feed
- Select Preview and see if you like what you see, otherwise change settings above
Add the script to your page