Fall Classes Start Monday, September 21st – Friday, December 11th
~ Please Sign-Up 24-hours before your first class ~
(If you do sign up the morning of your class, please email email@example.com to be able to access class that day)
We are LIVE online for Fall term! Here’s how to join:
- SIGN-UP for ALL the Wellness Classes you want to take — Check out the Calendar below for all available Online Wellness Class options!
- I will send you a JOINING CODE, make sure to join the Faculty & Staff Wellness Program Team BEFORE your first class.
- Also, your instructor will be sending you an calendar invite to their LIVE on Microsoft Teams Wellness Class — be sure to accept their invite before your class.
- Then, plan to attend the class(es) you signed up for on the scheduled day and time with your AWESOME instructor!
** LIVE Online Wellness Classes are recorded — A huge BENEFIT of the online format is being able to make-up class if you cannot tune in during the LIVE time** (With exception to Nia/Groove due to licensing contracts)
Check It Out
- Be sure to check out the class description for Bike Commuting Fitness and Tai Chi Ch’uan Demo Videos, since these classes differ from the normal FSWP format
- Bike Commuting Fitness: Our instructor and Transportation Services expert, Jillian Trinkaus, will help you learn the safest way(s) to commute to work!
- Tai Chi Ch’uan — No LIVE classes this term, but you do have the opportunity to have access to Gene’s prerecorded demos 1-22 in order to stay fresh for whenever we are able to return to in-person classes!
- Nia & Groove and Beginning Yoga are back for Fall!
- Depending on our phase progression, some classes may be able to adopt a fusion style of both in-person and online — I will keep you all posted on this! Until further notice, we are online.
Equipment needs for some LIVE Online Wellness Class(es):
Some Wellness Classes to recommend or require some equipment — See your specific class page to learn more!
People are loving Live Online Wellness Classes, and here’s why:
- I can honestly say that I don’t know how I would make it through my at-home work week without the fun and liveliness of the Wellness classes in my living room. They bring some normalcy and much needed movement to my day. – Laurie Trautman
- To hear more about LIVE Online Classes from your fellow Wellness Class fanatics click here!
Fall 2020 Schedule: Monday, September 21st – Friday, December 11th
* = Please see class page for class details — these classes differ from the normal Wellness Class format
|Morning Classes 7:00-8:00AM||Bike Commuting Fitness (M-F*) with Jillian||Bike Commuting Fitness (M-F*) with Jillian||
Bike Commuting Fitness (M-F*) with Jillian
|Bike Commuting Fitness (M-F*) with Jillian||Bike Commuting Fitness (M-F*) with Jillian|
|Morning Classes 7:00-8:00AM||Morning Yoga with Alicia||Morning Yoga with Alicia|
|Noon Classes 12:00-1:00PM||Flow Yoga with Melanie||Beginning Yoga with Megan||Flow Yoga with Melanie||Power Flow Yoga with Alicia|
|Noon Classes 12:00-1:00PM||Spin with Richelle||Pilates with Kate||Running with Darcie||Clubbell Yoga with Kate||Pilates with Tatyana|
|Noon Classes 12:00-1:00PM||Whole Body Fit with Kate||Fitness Class with Darcie||Whole Body Fit with Kate||Fitness Class with Darcie||Barbell Strong with Justin|
|Noon Classes 12:00-1:00PM||Zumba with Maria||Nia Moving to Heal with Dana||Zumba with Maria||Groove with Dana||Zumba with Maria|
|Anytime||Tai Chi Ch’uan Video Demos (M-F*)||Tai Chi Ch’uan Video Demos (M-F*)||Tai Chi Ch’uan Video Demos (M-F*)||Tai Chi Ch’uan Video Demos (M-F*)||Tai Chi Ch’uan Video Demos (M-F*)|
No Class on Holidays
No classes on Fall Quarter Holidays:
- Wednesday, November 11th – Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 26th – Thanksgiving Day
- Friday, November 27th – Thanksgiving Holiday
- Like us on Facebook! You’ll find announcements, fun events, nutrition & wellness tips, and more!
- To schedule your FREE Nutrition and Wellness Consultation with Darcie Hill, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) call (x3386) or E-Mail.
Program Mission and Vision
Our mission is to create a supportive environment that encourages a healthy lifestyle encompassing all dimensions of wellness. We are committed to educating, facilitating, and supporting decisions and actions of wellness by Western employees.
We specialize in making it a priority to get employees moving during their lunch breaks! We have an extensive lunchtime program dedicated to having “something for everyone” to get you away from your desk!
- Check out our Faculty & Staff Wellness Program video to see the program in action!
- Are you just starting to exercise, but need help on what to do next? Do you have nutrition related questions or concerns? Need help striking that work life balance? Sign up for our free Confidential Nutrition & Wellness Consultation!
- Do you have a great idea for the Faculty & Staff Wellness Program? We want it!
- Share your ideas at: firstname.lastname@example.org