- Check out the new Western Wise & Well U page: https://wp.wwu.edu/wiseandwellu/
- First Step Program: Do you feel like all of the programs offered are too advanced? If you have been looking for a way to ease into exercise with an individualized and controlled environment, then you may be a perfect fit for First Step! This program provides five FREE meetings with a Certified Personal Trainer who will help you meet individualized movement goals and overcome barriers to starting and continuing a movement program. First Step takes a weight neutral approach to exercise, the focus is on healthy and sustainable movement.
- There is a new Stay at Work/Return to Work web page that is dedicated to providing resources for those employees needing help to stay at work, or make the transition back to work when injury or illness disrupts their lives. The FSWP is proud to be partnering with this program.
- Improve your productivity & health: Take a 5-minute break and try out some “Deskercises“
- Check out and contribute to these pages: Western Employees in Action & Testimonials
- Free Nutrition Seminar Series with Registered Dietitian Sarah Richey: Watch it online now!
Faculty & Staff Wellness Program Awards & Honors
- The Faculty & Staff Wellness Program is proud to be the WINNER of the Zo8 Award from Washington Wellness.
- The Faculty & Staff Wellness Program is proud to be the WINNER of Seattle Business Magazine’s Leaders in Health Care Award for Achievement in Wellness Programs:
L to R: Rich Van Den Hul, Kaylee Lovelady, Chyerl Wolfe-Lee & Heather Flaherty at the Awards Event in Seattle.
- Western has been designated as a Platinum Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart Association for the 6th year in a row!
- The Faculty & Staff Wellness Program has also received the
Washington State Golden Apple Award & Washington Worksite Wellness Designation!