In addition to the current Wellness Programs that are offered to employees, the following is a list of resources of free program offerings, Western corporate rates you receive from fitness entities around the community, and resources offered on campus that can improve your current work environment.
Taking a Health Assessment can help you understand valuable information about your own health. Use the table below for basic information on where to take the Health Assessment (you will need to go through your insurance provider):
|Health Plan||Health Assessment Name||Website||Customer Service|
|Group Health||Health Profile||www.ghc.org||1-888-901-4636|
|Kaiser Permanente||Total Health Assessment||www.kaiserpermanente.org||1-800-556-7677|
|Uniform Medical Plan||General Health Assessment||www.regence.com||1-888-849-3681|
Diabetes Prevention Program
The Diabetes Prevention Program offered through WSU Extension in Bellingham will give you a chance to learn how to change your lifestyle and improve your health.
- A trained lifestyle coach will present this 16 week class series at two locations during winter 2014.
- An afternoon class will be held at St. Luke’s Community Health Education Center, 3333 Squalicum Way, near Peace Health (St. Joe’s) Hospital. Starting Friday, January 24, 2014 from 12-1pm.
- An evening class will be held at St Luke’s startomh Friday Feb. 6th, from 6-7pm.
- This program is not a weight loss program, it is a lifestyle program to help prevent or reduce chances of getting Type 2 diabetes.
- Take a 6-step diabetes self-assessment risk quiz to find out if you may be at risk for type 2 diabetes.
- If you are, enrolling in our Diabetes Prevention Program can help you say, “NOT ME” to diabetes.
Check out some great information about the awareness and prevention of the following topics:
Other Helpful Resources
- One-on-One Nutrition & Wellness Consulting
- Worksite Ergonomics Assessment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Activities for Life
- Smoking Cessation Programs
- Sustainable Transportation at WWU
- Washington Wellness
- Center for Performance Excellence
- Lunch ‘n Learn Series
Don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any additional services we can provide or programs that we can help by increasing awareness.