Ireland: Pre-Departure: “Seattle to Dublin” by Autumn Dukich

Seattle to Dublin

https://autumnrosie.wixsite.com/ramblingrosie/single-post/2018/09/03/Seattle-to-Dublin

September 3, 2018

|Autumn Dukich

Today is the day I leave for Ireland. As with most other changes in my life, I have a multitude of feelings right now… from excitement to anxiety, but I know I just want to be there already! I am incredibly excited for this new experience to grow and to learn about another country- especially one of my heritage. I have been planning this trip for almost a year now and couldn’t be more ready to finally be on my way!

I take off this evening and arrive in Dublin tomorrow at 12:30pm! I plan on staying in Dublin for a month and then my family – mom, dad and brother – are visiting! As a family we will travel around for two weeks, visiting mainly smaller towns around the West Coast. I am super excited to visit the castles and to see the rolling hills! I can’t wait to walk the countryside as “Rambling Rosie.”

I struggle with anxiety on a daily basis and I most definitely have anxiety around traveling to Ireland all by myself. Fortunately, the non-anxious side of me pushes myself out of my comfort zones. I know pushing myself out of my comfort zones, pushes me closer to the best version of myself, which is ultimately my main goal for this experience.