We want the Western Reads book to be available to as many members of the Western & local community as possible! And we want you to enjoy the book in the format that works best for you. Here’s how you can get your copy of Octavia’s Brood today!
You’re our top priority! Here’s how you can access a book.
Hard copies –
- Pick up your copy at the residence hall desk OR at the bookstore if you live off-campus.
- Pick up a copy at the Library Main Circulation Desk
- Get a copy from the instructor of a course you’re taking that will use the book.
- Available through the Western Library.
Another format that works best for you.
- If you require an alternate format, please contact disAbility Resources for Students at DRS@wwu.edu or call the DRS Main Office at 360-650-3083.
Faculty, Staff, Community Members & other WWU Students
We want a copy of the book to be available to anyone with interest!
Group Set of Books –
- To request a set of books to use with students please complete the short application here
Hard copies –
- Available free to anyone who wants to explore the book & is willing to return it by the end of the quarter for others to reuse.
- Available free for anyone who wants to explore how they might use the book with first year students
- Available for check out at the WWU Library
- Available for purchase through the WWU Bookstore
- Available with unrestricted access for anyone who can access the WWU Library
Want a free copy if we have extras at the end of the year?
- Add your name to the list and we will notify you when/if they are available
We Reuse Western Reads Books!
We’ve introduced a new program this year because we want to reduce our consumption while growing access! Once you’re finished with your Western Reads book, please return it to Danielle Smith in the Center for Community Learning in Wilson Library 481 – MS 9125. First-year students who return their books will be entered into a raffle to win a prize!