We want the Western Reads text(s) to be available to as many members of the Western & local community as possible! And we want you to enjoy the book in the format that works best for you. Here’s how you can get your copy of this year’s text(s) today!
Hard copies –
- Pick up a copy at the Library Main Circulation Desk or the AS Bookstore
- Available at all events sponsored by Western Reads
- Students can also pick up a copy from select course instructors who have chosen to use the text in their classes.
- Faculty & staff can request a set of books from Molly.Ware@wwu.edu for use in class or other community dialogues and activities
Another format that works best for you –
- If you require an alternate format, please contact the Disability Access Center at DRS@wwu.edu or call the DAC Main Office at 360-650-3083.
Free copies of the text are available to any member of the WWU community who:
- Is a first-year student (including transfers)
- Wants to explore the book & is willing to return it for re-use by the end of the quarter
- Wants to explore how they might use the book with first year students
Books are also available for check out at the WWU Library and for purchase through the WWU Bookstore.
We Reuse Western Reads Books!
We want to reduce our consumption while growing access to the Western Reads text(s)! If you do not wish to keep your copy of the Western Reads text(s), please return copies to the Library Main Circulation Desk or the AS Bookstore. During the year, we will redistribute these gently used copies to other members of our community. At the end of the year, we will donate returned copies of our text(s) to Books to Prisoners, a “Seattle-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to foster a love of reading behind bars, encourage the pursuit of knowledge and self-empowerment, and break the cycle of recidivism.” We’re excited about this partnership and hope you’ll participate!