Are you WWU faculty, staff, student, or administrator who wants to explore ways of using Octavia’s Brood: Science Fiction Stories from Social Justice Movements in your work with our campus next year?
Would you like an outlet for creatively supporting first-year students in thriving at WWU?
If so, please consider contributing your energy & ideas through Western Reads next year.
- Review a copy of the book to explore how to integrate it into a course you’re teaching, a club you lead, or other work you do with the Western community. Send an email to Western.Reads@wwu.edu to request your review copy.
- Check out the Octavia’s Brood Curriculum Overview to see how the book might link to classes you teach!
- Apply to use the book in a course you’re teaching next year here
- Submit a student-led Western Reads experience proposal for Winter or Spring 2019
- Contact Molly Ware to explore other creative possibilities for leading Western Reads programming at Western.Reads@wwu.edu
We will no longer be distributing books to freshmen & transfer students at SummerStart, Transitions, and Fall Orientation but will instead issue free copies of the book to any interested member of the WWU community participating in or leading Western Reads activities and programming. In addition, we will have a robust book recycling & reuse program in order to reduce our consumption of natural resources, broaden access to the book for the Western community, and grow our capacity to design programming in support of first year students’ thriving at WWU.